Head of Audit – Finance, Legal & Compliance
Equivalent to a UK salary of up to Â£120,000 + Housing Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
(Based on current exchange rates)
Our client is one of the most iconic and philanthropic employers in Hong Kong with a rich history and heritage. The group manages infrastructure, property and leisure assets on the Islands and in Mainland China but also has a highly sophisticated e-commerce platform.
The business is entering a period of significant change that has created a number of new risks for the group. These strategic change programmes will affect divisional structures, processes and the technology platforms within them to facilitate the continued growth of the business. There is also an additional high value infrastructure investment that could ultimately add 20-30% to the group turnover by 2019/20.
Reporting to the Group Head of Audit this position will manage an experienced and hire calibre team of seven and lead the relationship with the senior management team of this division. More detailed responsibilities include;
- Review existing internal audit approach, methodology and set the strategic direction for the divisional internal audit together with a timetable for implementation.
- Ensure audit techniques and methodologies are aligned with international internal audit standards and best practice.
- Develop and agree with the Group Head of Audit the divisional annual audit plan to address key risks.
- Management and delivery of internal audit annual plan including risk assessments, audit timetable, resource plan.
- Reporting of internal audit activities to the divisional management and Group Head of Audit including the key issues arising from the latest audits, any actions taken following the audit and the implementation of recommendations.
- Provide the Group Head of Audit and divisional management with assurance that the Groupâ€™s internal control systems are appropriately designed and operating effectively.
- Responsibility for the management, development and mentoring of the internal audit team.
- Organising 3rd party resource where specialist knowledge is required.
- Work with external auditors to ensure that there is a â€œjoined upâ€ approach to risk management and monitoring of the control environment.
- Ad-hoc investigations or projects from time to time.
This role will require an experienced Head of Audit with previous experience of leading an internal audit function in a FTSE 250 business. Alternatively, this person may currently be acting as No.2 in a FTSE 100 audit function, if that person can demonstrate they have significant direct exposure to the Main Board and Audit Committee. This person must demonstrate the ability to translate complex technical analysis into business relevant insights and directly influence the decision making of the senior management team of the division. Previous experience gained in the property, construction or hospitality sectors would be beneficially but not essential. We are not currently considering candidates from the financial services sector however because the client feels the culture, personalities and style of audit in FS will not translate to their environment.
IAC Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services.
We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.