Head of Risk & Internal Audit – EMEA
c. Â£100,000 + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a high profile global media group with a strong portfolio of brands and an innovative client engagement strategy. The business continues to grow both organically and by acquisition which creates a complex and changing risk and control environment.
Reporting to the global Director of Risk & Audit this position will take responsibility for a small team and require the individual to combine C-Suite relationship management skills with a hands-on delivery focus as part of the field audit teams.
Detailed responsibilities include;
- Deputise for the Director of Risk & Audit (e.g. in meetings with Exec members, on the Investigations Committee, presentations to the Global Finance Exec).
- Accountable for the design and delivery of the audit plan for Group and Global Functions and EMEA.
- Deliver the risk management programme on a -group wide basis, including the Operational Risk Committee (chaired by the CEO) and the Functional Risk Committee (chaired by the CFO).
- Manage staff from both within the team and through external consultants in order to achieve department objectives, including resourcing and people development.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. senior management of the group and global functions and the regional management team) to help ensure the audit work carried out adequately addresses the key risks in the Group.
- Influence and facilitate changes to improve the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Prepare management and Audit Committee reporting.
- Play a key role in the continuing development and improvement of the Risk & Audit team.
- Take responsibility for delivering designated ad-hoc projects (e.g. SOX compliance, Dynamics AX governance review).
This role would suit an individual currently operating at the Senior Manager level in either a Big 4 internal audit practice or an in-house internal audit function. The individual should hold a relevant accounting qualification and be willing to travel within Europe to opening and closing meetings for audit reviews around 25-30% of the time. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decision making at the highest levels of the organisation will be essential.
IAC Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services.
We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please contact email@example.com.